Dear Nexis Member,
First things first: we want to thank you for your flexibility and patience over the past few months. To keep you up to date on the safety measures we’re implementing at Nexis Wellness with regard to COVID-19, we’d like to share with you a snapshot of where we are and what’s ahead.Official requirements and recommendations have now been released for general workspaces, healthcare offices and bodywork facilities, and with the state’s “Stay at Home” order now lifted, we’re refreshing our efforts to keep you safe. As we continue to follow the orders and recommendations of the Ohio Department of Health (Responsible Restart Ohio), as well as federal and local guidance, we’re working as diligently as ever to continue providing a safe environment for you and your clients/patients.
As you know, we’ve kept portions of our space open over the past several months, rapidly incorporating expert guidance as it’s been released, and as of this writing (June 11, 2020), we at Nexis and our landlord have not been alerted to any cases of COVID-19 affecting our space or the building.
Here’s what the property manager is doing to ensure a safe environment at Nexis:
- Continually reviewing and discussing all federal, state and local guidelines and recommendations with all building maintenance personnel
- Working with HVAC contractors to utilize as much fresh air as possible while keeping all systems operating properly
- Revising the scope of work for daytime and evening janitorial services to include the disinfecting of common areas and in-suite touch points Monday – Friday
- Remaining in communication with all vendors and contractors, requiring them to follow all federal, state and local guidelines while working onsite
- Reviewing options for signage relating to social distancing and other recommended practices
- Keeping the café, fitness center, amphitheater and conference rooms closed until further notice
Here’s what your Nexis team is doing to support those measures:
- Requiring face masks/coverings for every person inhabiting or passing through a common area
- Reducing waiting room capacity by 50%, making hand sanitizer easily available for use throughout the waiting room and individual rooms and temporarily removing all magazines
- Limiting kitchen capacity to a maximum of 2 people at all times
- Posting relevant signage throughout the office, which we will continue to update as needed
- Providing additional personnel training on proper COVID-19 infection control methods
- Continually reviewing and discussing all federal, state and local guidelines and recommendations with all Nexis personnel
Here’s what we’re asking you to do in the spirit of looking out for one another:
- Please perform a self-assessment before coming into the office and stay home if symptomatic
- Please take your temperatures before and after each day’s booking. (If you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, please do not come into the office.)
- Please instruct your clients/patients to perform a self-assessment before coming into the office and say home if symptomatic. This includes taking their temperature beforehand.
- Please instruct your clients/patients not to arrive early, but rather, to arrive just before their appointments begin (this will reduce the length and frequency of waiting room use)
- Please instruct your clients/patients that no guests will be allowed onsite unless a client/patient must be accompanied by a caregiver
- Please wear a face mask or covering upon entering the office and in any common areas
- Please instruct your clients/patients to wear a face mask or covering upon entering the office and in any common areas
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided in the waiting room and all individual rooms, and/or the hand soap provided in the kitchen and restrooms, before every appointment
Please note that you are solely responsible for informing your clients about these policies, for enforcing these policies, and for establishing and enforcing any individual policies for your independent practice above and beyond those above if you feel additional measures are needed.
All Members and their clients/patients and caregivers must abide by the state’s requirements while in the office. (For more information on General Office Guidelines as set forth by the CDC, click here.)
All Members practicing body work (massage, acupuncture, reiki, etc), as well as their clients/patients and caregivers must abide by the State’s requirements while in the office. (The CDC’s guidance for body work practitioners can be found here.)
If you have special requests or suggestions for further onsite safety measures with regard to COVID-19, please respond to this email and let us know.